Saturday, March 28, 2009

Gettin' Saucy in The Kitchen

For Guinea Pig Thursday we made breaded pan fried chicken fingers - which turned out more like chicken nuggets - little bread crumbs, olive oil, and lemon pepper - yum.

Then we went crazy making sauces to dip them in! I've really wanted to learn more about basic sauces - you can get so creative once you have the simple stuff down.

So I made a marinara sauce and a cheese sauce for dipping. We also had ranch & bbq for fun. Ry & I were just the guinea pigs this time - but we both approved.

Basic Sauce Recipes

Oh & the next night I added a little water to the marinara to thin it out & we had it on spaghetti for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails