Friday, March 6, 2009

Spicy Baked Macaroni

I saw this recipe on the food network, because I'm a nerd and sometimes (always) watch it. Don't judge me. =)

We had Ryan's sister Teresa over. As I was serving up the dish I realized I had the two pickiest people to be my guinea pigs for something with...uh-hum...spinach and mushrooms in it!!!! What was I thinking?!

To my surprise they ate it and didn't even complain much. They even both admitted they thought it was pretty good and of course pointed out that they weren't even picking things out.

Teresa even said she wasn't having to wash it down with her drink like she would most things with vegetables in them.

If I were to make it again I would cut back on the mushrooms to about half and add some bite-size chicken. The recipe says 8-10 servings...you could easily feed 15-20 people from it, especially as a side dish at a potluck. Served with garlic bread. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails