Friday, April 24, 2009

Poppyseed Chicken

For Guinea Pig Thursday (Wednesday rather) - we had Poppyseed Chicken. I'd had this before, but never made it myself. I have a really bad habit of changing things in a recipe before I've even made/tried the dish - and it took all my will power not to change this recipe. As I was making it I kept thinking - holy crap, this is a lot of butter!! And it was. But it sure did taste great!! =) Our guinea pig was Jordan, Ry's brother.

Poppyseed Chicken
  • 4 large chicken breasts, cooked & diced
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted (could be less)
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 12 oz sour cream
  • 1 1/2 rolls Ritz crackers (could be reduced fat, but not reduced sodium)
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (could be more, even doubled)
Cook the rice & put in bottom of greased 9x13 pan. Mix chicken, 3/4 c. melted butter, chicken soup, & sour cream. Pour over rice. Crush & mix together crackers, 1/2 cup melted butter, & poppy seeds. Sprinkle over the casserole. Bake for 30 min at 350 degrees.

*Do not substitute butter for margarine - my sis-in-law who gave me this recipe tried that once & said it turned out weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails