Thursday, April 22, 2010

Feed the Birds

To celebrate Earth Day (today) Little Miss and I, along with her cute cousin & his mom, made some Bird Feeders. Yesterday we went on a walk to find the pine cones. Which gave me a chance to talk to Little Miss about the different trees in our neighborhood and what pine cones are. She loved collecting them in her little purse.

Then today we turned them into bird feeders...

First we tied some yarn to the tops with a square knot so it won't come undone.


Then we rolled the pine cones in peanut butter.



Then we rolled them in bird seed.


Making sure the little one's were with us, so they'll know where to look for the birds out the window, we found a spot in a tree and secured it in place.


Now if only the birds will come and eat...

I think later we'll color some pictures of animals and talk about the moon, sun, ocean, sky, and land.

Some fun Earth Day shows to watch: Wall E, Planet Earth, Fern Gully, or just Animal Planet on TV!

What fun things are you doing for Earth Day today?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the birds by my house like peanut butter. JK. I just haven't seen any yet, but I'm sure they're there. It was fun, and I liked how little time it took. 2 and 3 year olds have a short attention span when it comes to crafts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails