Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pizza with Secret Sauce

The more I involve Little Miss in the cooking process the better she is about eating food - specifically healthy food. So, last night we made homemade mini pizzas. This is super simple and cheap.

The crust is made of Rhodes Rolls. I buy them in bulk at Sam's Club - one roll equals one mini pizza. Let the rolls rise like normal. But instead of cooking them, flatten them out into 5 inch circles. Throw on your favorite toppings and bake for 12 minutes...so good!

Too add a healthy spin I took our favorite pizza sauce and added pureed cauliflower. I love using cauliflower puree. It is super versatile because it takes on the flavor of pretty much anything you pair it with.

*Pureed Cauliflower: steam fresh cauliflower, puree it in your food processor with a little water and freeze! I do a few bags that are 1/2 cup and a few that are 1 cup. To thaw the puree quickly - place sealed freezer bag in bowl of hot water while prepping other food.

No pictures of the finished pizzas - we were so hungry I forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails