Monday, November 7, 2011

Motley & Other Revelations

I know, it's been awhile. It's like I dropped off the face of the Earth. I guess I did in a way. Between having Little Man, a big move, a never-ending thesis...and various other distractions. I think I'm ready to start blogging again.

During my absence I had time to reflect on my life and myself and came to some conclusions. I used to love this blog, my last few entries were forced. It seemed like a chore. I'd taken on advertisers and since they were paying I felt obligated to post, even if I didn't have anything valuable to say. It was a job...not really what I had intended. It was too complicated.

This site is supposed to be an outlet, a break from my crazy life, not a thing that adds to the crazy! So...it's getting a makeover. I will leave up old posts for their valuable content - but from here on out the blog will be slightly different - although still mommy focused. And I will only post when I have time or feel like it - ha! No obligation to post everyday...sweet freedom.

I am changing, my life is changing, so it must change with me if it is going to survive. So instead of "The Mom Blog" it will be dubbed - "Motley Mom" because that is me. I am Motley - composed of diverse often incongruous elements. That is my life. I have far too many interests to just focus on one.

There are too many things I want to learn and try to devote all of my time to just cooking, or just sewing, or just crafting, or just preschool...so this site will be a place for me to post my ideas, my exploration through life, and lots of good mommy stuff. Because when it comes down to it, that is at the core of who I am - a mom.

So, if you're interested in finding out what kind of Motley stuff I've been up to - or am going explore, please stay tuned! And thanks all you lovely readers - for still following my blog although it's been idle...

2 comments:

  1. Barb - Your comment about being interested in so many things made me think of this long-ago goal that I still have not gotten around to (but still will one day!). Years ago, I wanted to start a Celestial University with friends and family, and it has not come to fruition yet in my life, but you are such a go-getter, you may be able to pull it off! I thought you would at least be interested in it. The link is

    http://lds.about.com/library/bl/reliefsociety/blcelestial_university.htm

    At the bottom of the article, in the notes, is a link to download the program, which explains it a little better. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails