Tuesday, November 15, 2011

When I Grow Up

Motley. Something I am trying to accept about myself. Composed of diverse often incongruent elements. That is me. And I know it's a lot of you reading this. 

I am a mom. I am a wife. I am a painter. A musician. A chef. An entrepreneur. The list goes on and on. The things I'm interested in our endless. My hobbies - I don't have just one. This is actually something that drives me crazy! So many things to try and do, so little time - I end up being okay at lots of things, but not excelling at anything. I'm no expert. I just dabble. It is a source of great frustration for me. 

I want to be great at something. Anything - I just can't pick which hobby to focus on. I love them all. So I remain mediocre at a lot of things. Still unsure of what to be when I grow up...at the age of 27...ha!

Please tell me I'm not the only one!? 

I was actually researching this problem online and stumbled across a book...I haven't read it yet, but it definitely is on my Christmas list. I'd love to understand myself better. According to the book - I am a "renaissance soul" - sounds so fancy eh. I love books that put a positive spin on something so ridiculous. 



The full title - "The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One" - yep, sounds about right. I'll let you know how it is after I read it. I hope it helps me figure out how to spend my time. (If you click here you can read the first 30 pages or so of the book...)

Meanwhile - I am a mom. And that is the most important. That is something I should strive to excel at. And since my baby just woke up...I better go excel at changing his diaper. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails