Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Eggs - the healthy way!

Obviously I'm on a green kick (St. Patrick's Day) and a healthy kick (as noted by the last few recipes) - so why not throw the two together!

I got a little creative and made green scrambled eggs for Little Miss the other night. Why use food coloring when I can sneak in some veggies?

So, out came the frozen spinach once more. And to my surprise (since they looked weird and smelled a little too spinach-y while cooking) they actually turned out good! Both Little Miss & I liked them.

Little Miss particularly gobbled them up and thought it was way fun to pile them on her toast and take bites just like mommy. But sadly, no ham...maybe next time.

Green Eggs (serves 2)
  • 3/4 cup frozen spinach
  • hot water
  • milk
  • 3 eggs
  • salt
  1. Place frozen spinach in food processor - pour just enough hot water over top to thaw a little. Start pureeing. Then I added a few Tbsp milk to make it creamier and more smooth.
  2. Mix spinach with eggs in bowl - whisk. Add a little salt.
  3. Then cook like normal eggs on the stove top. They do take awhile to cook since they're full of liquid. I also added a little more salt and pepper at the end.
Yum! Looking for a dessert - check out my Lucky Lime Pie from last year - delicious!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

2 comments:

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails