Monday, May 3, 2010

3 Bags Full Puppet Pouch + Bicycle Man

I love fair trade crafts! I love that it is a unique item Little Miss can play with that wasn't produced in a factory with cheap parts. Fair trade crafts are handmade by women overseas with care.

I love that it's fair trade because that means these women are getting good money for their handy work! So...fun, unique toy for Little Miss + helping women in other countries make money to support their families. It's a win-win!

Our latest fair trade craft is a 3 Bags Full Finger Puppet Pouch. Little Miss has had this toy for about a month and loves it!


Inside a hand painted bag are 8 puppets. There are snaps on the scene & the puppets so we can move them around as we tell stories.

The pouch came with a list of books we could get from the library to help the creative juices of story telling start to flow.

I love that it came with a list of books! I would've never thought to go out and find some with the appropriate animals. Any educational toy is a winner with me.

Plus the snaps are good practice for Little Miss's motor skills. She even learned about a new animal with this pouch - the porcupine. Isn't he cute?!

This toy is nice and quiet and has become a staple to keep Little Miss entertained at church. It also helped motivate her during the first few days of potty training because we would only play with it while she sat on the potty. My stories got very animated and silly. This encouraged more potty time.

Another fair trade item we love - Little Miss's "bicycle man". My sister purchased this from a local store that sells fair trade items. It is probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Working wheels and legs that pedal. Little Miss insists on taking him on walks and pushes him all over the house and outside on nice days.

Not sure if there is a fair trade store near you? There probably is - you just have to search a little! Or go here and check out the 3 Bags Full Puppet Pouch! I love the farm, jungle, and ocean pouches too...I'll probably have to add those to our collection someday.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! I have always loved little finger puppets.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails