Monday, January 10, 2011

Pregnancy Induced Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Sounds made up right?! I would've thought so too. It's funny how every pregnancy can be so different. My first pregnancy - no swelling or water retention. This pregnancy....I've got sausage fingers. =)

And sometimes your wrists can swell just enough to block off the nerve endings and make your fingers go numb - which is what I have, pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome.

I asked my doctor what I could do - he said the best cure is to not be pregnant...ha-ha. Funny guy. So I mostly just have to wait it out and it will go away after delivery. But meanwhile - I'm wearing a wrist brace and that helps immensely! The less I use it - the better.

Just another strange pregnancy thing I didn't know about and thought I'd share!

4 comments:

  1. I have blogging-induced carpal tunnel syndrome.

    Seriously, though, there are SO many weird things that happen to women when they get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that sometimes too when I was pregnant. I found the wrist brace helped a lot! I found my symptoms came and went. I then used the wrist brace after my boys were born when my wrist hurt from carrying that darn car seat around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that, too, with my daughter. I wore those wrist braces to bed every night. Sometimes it helped, and sometimes not. The worst was waking up with one of my limbs *so* asleep it hurt to touch. Hang in there - it took several weeks to subside after delivery, but there was some relief immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could of used one of those wrist braces as my hand was sore from slapping around my hubby. I wasn't in a good mood during pregnancy.Pregnancy Pillow Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails