Friday, December 31, 2010

Be Resolute

res-o-lute/ 'reze,loot/
Adjective: Admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering.

I generally don't like New Year's Resolutions because I always make mine too lofty and unreachable, which means I ultimately fail and just get frustrated and give up. Does this happen to anyone else?

So...the last few years I've tried to make very attainable goals with stepping stones. Small goals which will get me to my large goal. So...what are your resolutions? What are you going to be admirably purposeful about?

I love that - admirably purposeful.

I think I will be admirably purposeful about...getting back into shape after I have baby #2 (which is only a few weeks away - super exciting!)...I want to learn more, thirst for knowledge. I think I'll start with that. Two attainable goals - now to make a plan to reach those goals...

Vote on the sidebar - let me know which direction your resolutions are taking and we'll have great posts about those subjects for the entire month of January! With plenty of awesome guest bloggers since I'll be *hopefully* on a maternity leave of sorts.

Have a great New Years!!

5 comments:

  1. Well Barb! Found you on MMB - Congratulations on your Coming Attraction! I hope everything goes perfectly. I have four and mine are older. I'd just like to give a little encouragement, kids are terrific at every age but it gets better every day. My boys are on or preparing to serve missions, and my girls learning to sew, cook and manage a household. I never thought, with two in diapers, I would get to this point, but you really can see progress every day, and rejoice in the moments along the way!All the best to you, we'll be with you trying to get in better shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted too!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Goals!

    Starting tomorrow, my blog friend and I are launching Project 52, which is all about exactly what you're talking about. Setting attainable goals that will ultimately get us to where we really want to be. I'd love it if you join us. You can find out more about it on my blog, which you can get to through my profile. I don't want to link up and be all spammy.

    I hope 2011 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to set two attainable goals. In the past I've been guilty of setting way too many goals. You can't become perfect over the course of one year! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails