Monday, December 6, 2010

DIY: Light Candy Garland

I saw this cute candy garland at a friends house last year and loved it! So this year I set out to make my own - so easy! And if you're looking for a cheap, quick, holiday decoration - this is it!


You'll need a strand of lights - I had a 50 count, so my candy garland is 10 boxes long. If I had a large hallway or room to decorate I'd make it bigger...but we're in a tiny apartment, so we went with small.

You'll also need clear and red plastic wrap, some tape, twist ties, and however many corsage boxes long you want it. I bought 10 from a local craft store. You could even use the huge boxes and the huge lights for a different effect.
I wound 5 lights into each box and taped them shut...with a little help...



Next I covered every other box with the red plastic wrap and secured the ends with twist ties - the twist ties also help keep the light cord from getting pulled out...



And the boxes in between I covered with clear plastic wrap to get the full "candy" effect...


Done and done. Now to just enjoy it - I love how it looks with the lights turned out next to our tree. Little Miss loves it too. You could finish it off with ribbon tied in between - but I just left as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails