Thursday, December 16, 2010

Peppermint Bark

This recipe is so easy and so good! All you need is...

  • 1 lb white chocolate
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint oil/extract (to taste)
  • Crushed peppermint candy (I usually do 2 regular size candy canes)
Melt the chocolate, stir everything else in - then spread thinly onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet and cool. Once it's cool you break it up into these random jagged pieces.

Last week while making it I had a stroke of genius and thought - why not have a thin layer of milk or dark chocolate underneath?! So I did it. And boy do I love it! We didn't have any dark, so I used milk chocolate - but next time I would for sure do dark. I love my dark chocolate.


I melted the chocolate, spread it thin, and placed the cookie sheet in the freezer to do a flash chill. Once it was solid I very carefully spread the hot white chocolate on top. Then flash chilled again. So tasty! I'm too impatient to wait for it to cool on the counter.

The easiest way to crush the candy canes - place them in a thick freezer Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to hammer them down. Don't use a regular sandwich bag - it'll break open and you'll have peppermint powder everywhere!



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Thanks for posting this! I've been checking! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. I love this stuff, but it's so expensive to buy....now I can make it myself!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails