Friday, November 12, 2010

Homemade Cream Cheese Spread


I love cream cheese. I love the flavored spreads too - but I don't love how you pay $2+ for a tiny little tub of it. I'm one who likes a thick layer on my bagels - so those tubs don't last me very long. It occurred to me the other day...why don't I just make some!? So I did.

I softened an 8 oz pkg of regular cream cheese, which I got on sale for $1. Then I blended in about 4oz of pureed strawberries and about 1/4 to 1/3 cup powdered sugar. That's it! It tasted almost exactly like what you buy in the store! And keeps in the fridge in a Tupperware forever. It also stays spreadable.


Love it. I'm never buying it again. Now I just have to figure out how to do the "weird" ones (as my husband would say)...garden vegetable and such.


You could substitute any pureed fruit of your choice in the above recipe, just adjust the powdered sugar to your liking and depending on the tartness of the fruit. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It helps me to know what you're interesed in and what you would like to learn about. It also gives me the chance to get to know you better & find more qualified moms to be guest bloggers!

**I reserve the right to not publish a comment that is a personal attack on another reader - we all have differing views on parenting & this is a place where you can feel safe sharing your opinions. Please remember to be respectful!**

Thanks!
~Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails